August, 2023, Accra, GHANA – The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Acting Mission Director Grace Lang joined the Minister of Education, Hon. Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum in Tamale today to launch a new five-year, $14.39 million Advancing Partnerships for Improved Learning activity to support low-cost private schools in northern Ghana. The activity is USAID’s first foray into Ghana’s private school sector partnership and is designed to expand access to 213 select low-cost private schools in northern Ghana.
This launch event received press coverage from a wide range of news outlets in Ghana:
- My Joy Online: US Commits 14M for Basic Education in Northern Ghana
The activity is USAID’s first foray into Ghana’s private school sector and is designed to expand access to 213 select low-cost private schools in northern Ghana.
“A quality education should not depend on where you live. We want every child to have access to quality education. The $14 million activity we are launching today will support low-cost private schools that serve rural and disadvantaged communities.
“The activity will support those schools to improve education access, quality, and learning outcomes for students, and increase private sector investments in northern Ghana,” USAID Deputy Mission Director Lang said.
- GNA: Students to Benefit from New Five Year 14.39M USAID Ghana Learning Activity
- Academic Week: USAID to Support Low-Cost Private Schools with 14M Investment
- The Independent Ghana: USAID Launches Programme Worth 14M to Support Basic Education
- Ghana Web: US Commits Over 14M to Support Private Schools in Northern Ghana
- Northern Region: US Commits US$14.39 Million to Basic Education
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential. USAID’s activities and strategic partnerships support Ghana’s journey to self-reliance and a “Ghana Beyond Aid.” Our work advances an integrated approach to development. It promotes accountability, sustainable systems, and inclusive development.