Latest Careers & Internships
Opportunity EduFinance hires dedicated and talented people to work with us to further our mission to increase access to quality education in low- and middle-income countries. We typically advertise all roles that we recruit for, but the most frequent opportunities generally require one or more of the following skill sets: microfinance, consumer banking products, SME banking products, and school leader and teacher training in low and middle income countries.
2020 EDUFINANCE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Opportunity EduFinance is pleased to announce our 2020 Internship Program in London. We are looking for interns that strongly align with our mission and have interest and expertise that could support our wide range of project needs. Interns will benefit from valuable experience working on projects that have an impact on getting more children into quality schools across Africa, Asia and Latin America. Download our brochure on the right hand side of the page for more details!
|Location: London||Department: Opportunity EduFinance|
|Type: Min. 6 week commitment (Jun-Sept)||Min. Experience: Entry Level (see fields below)|
Deadline: 2nd March
Interns will be given ringfenced projects to work on, depending on interest, skills and expertise.
Some of our current projects include:
- Create and publish content for the EduQuality program (Education background required)
- Create and publish the Global Financing Opportunity of Low Fee Schools Report (various backgrounds; research & writing skills)
- Analyse data on loans, school operations, and school quality; draw insights and publish findings for donors, education stakeholders, and/or EduFinance team
- Create e-learning content for training of EduFinance loan officers (Finance background required)
- Collect and write stories of EduFinance clients to be used as a library for donor marketing materials
- Find and establish a panel of EduFinance Ambassadors
Qualifications and Skills:
While our Internship Program is open to any interested candidate that would like to apply, we are looking for interns from the following fields. Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Finance or Economics
- International Development
- Education (particularly in education administration, policy or developing markets)
- Marketing and/or Public Relations
- Data Analysis, Data Science and Modelling
- Database Management, Web Development and Programming
- Desktop Publishing
- Experience working on ringfenced projects that have impact on getting more children into quality schools across Africa, Asia and Latin America
- References from EduFinance management that can be used for future employment applications
- Exposure to senior EduFinance staff and the broader Opportunity International network through organised Lunch & Learn interactive sessions throughout the internship
- Flexible, creative, shared office space in central London, including free gourmet coffee, drinks on tap, and after hours activities
- Stipend to cover intern travel and lunch costs
- Potential for ongoing roles following the internship or graduation
Fill out the application form below including your personal details, motivation for applying and relevant skills and experience. Please attach your Cover Letter and CV (as one file) at the end of the form.