What We Do Working with Financial Institutions
Working with Financial Institutions
We provide technical assistance to our financial institutions partners to help them develop, launch and manage sustainable education lending portfolios via our two flagship education lending products:
School Improvement Loan
To address the lack of financial support for schools in low-resource environments, School Improvement Loans set the stage for rapid and sustainable improvement, ensuring more students gain access to a better education. For some school owners, it’s adding classrooms, textbooks, and desks. For others, it’s installing running water, dormitories, or gender-separated bathrooms—all are important provisions that keep students, especially girls, in school.
- 3,033,500 Students have benefitted from School Improvement Loans
- 12,134 School Improvement Loans have been provided to school owners
- $149,742,582 Value of School Improvement Loans provided
- 225,692 Jobs created in communities (from schools hiring more teachers, staff, construction workers and school suppliers)
School Fee Loan
Our School Fee Loans are for parents earning an irregular income, helping them effectively spread out the costs of their children’s education. This helps prevent school drop-outs or missed classes during times of economic uncertainty when parents may struggle to pay for school fees, uniforms, materials and transportation.
- 323,279 School Fee Loans have been provided to parents
- $92,394,591 Value of School Fee Loans provided
- 1,003,961 Students have benefitted from School Fee Loans
- 3 kids is the average number of children whose fees and other costs are covered when a parent takes a School Fee Loan